The Israeli army expands land operations to Gaza City

The Israeli army pushed more deeply in the north of Gaza on the ground on Friday after having issued a series of evacuation orders that asked the Palestinians to escape, part of its growing offensive against Hamas in the Gaza strip cultivated by war.

The expansion of land operations came after the Palestinian health authorities declared on Thursday that dozens of people, including the children, were killed in the Israeli strikes in a school transformed into the Tuffah district of Gaza City. On Friday, the Israeli soldiers said that the strikes were targeting militants in a command and control center in Hamas, without appointing them.

The evacuation orders brought renewed difficulties to the Palestinians who had already endured the displacement of their homes and miserable conditions during the first 15 months of war. A ceased the walked fire of two months between Israel and Hamas collapsed in March after the two sides were unable to reach an agreement to extend it, ending a brief respite for the Palestinians in Gaza.

Since then, the Israeli army has embarked on an important bombing campaign and seized the territory in Gaza in a tactic that Israeli officials said they had the purpose of forcing Hamas to release multiple hostages.

As the Israeli military operation expanded, Friday the military wing of Hamas seemed to threaten the remaining Israeli and foreign hostages held in Gaza. In a declaration that did not mention the difficult situation of his own people, Hamas said that his fighters were retaining some prisoners in the evacuation areas under “rigid security measures that are extremely dangerous for their lives”.

In the past, the armed group threatened the well -being of the hostages in the face of Israeli bombings.

The military said that his recent campaign dismantled the infrastructures of weapons and killed militants, including Mohammed Awad, who described Senior military commander in the Mujahedeen brigades, a small armed group in Gaza.

The military said that Mr. Awad had taken part in the attacks led by Hamas on October 7, 2023 and was probably personally involved In Shiri’s kidnapping and in the brutal murders, Ariel and Kfir Bibas “, although he did not explain how he had come to that conclusion. Mrs. Bibas and his two young children became symbols for many Israelis of their suffering on October 7, when about 1,200 people were killed and about 250 were abrupt in Gaza.

Avichay Adrae, spokesman for the Arabic language of the army, said in a post on Thursday late on social media that he was providing a “final” warning before a new attack, urging people to move south. Mr. Adrae suggested that militant groups operated among civilians.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *